Bihar Police Constable Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022 – The Central Selection Board of Constables [CSBC] Bihar has released the notification for vacancies to be recruited for the year 2021. The Central Selection Board of Constables, a body of the Government of Bihar that recruits police officers for the state’s police force, is an organization. The notification has been released by the board for the recruitment of Bihar Police constables. It lists a total number of 11880 vacancies. The selection for Bihar Police Constable Exam will be done through two stages i.e. Written examination and physical test.
Eligible applicants need to have cleared Class 12 or intermediate examination from a recognized board in India and their age limit must be between 18-25 years [Sepoy] or 18-30 years [Lady]. To apply, you can visit the official website. In this blog, we will present you with a detailed Bihar Police Constable Preparation guide so that you can sail through your exam with flying colours.
- 1 Bihar Police Constable Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 2 Important Bihar Police Constable Books for Preparation
- 3 Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 1
- 4 Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 2
- 5 Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 3
- 6 Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 4
Bihar Police Constable Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Below is the Bihar Police Constable Syllabus for 2022. This will be helpful for those who are preparing to apply for the job. Candidates must be able to comprehend the syllabus and prepare it using the best books. Below is the Bihar Police Constable 2021 syllabus.
Before delving into a discussion on tips and tricks, glance at the applicable exam pattern for Sepoy and Lady constables. It consists of three stages, namely, Written Test, Physical Efficiency/ Measurement Test [PET/PST] and lastly, a Medical Test. The written test carries 100 questions of 4 marks each and will be held for two hours. A penalty of 1/3rd of marks for one correct answer will be levied for each incorrect answer.
|Parts||No. of Questions||Bihar Police Constable Syllabus|
|Part 1||30||1. Indian History [incl. Indian National Movement] 2. India & World Geography; 3. Current Affairs of National and International Significance; 4. Indian Polity & Governance [Constitution, Political System, Public Policy, etc.]; 5. Economic & Social Development, Poverty, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives;|
|Part 2||25||Elementary Mathematics at Class X level [Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics]|
|Part 3||25||1. General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Climate Change & Biodiversity 2. General Science|
|Part 4||20||General Hindi Class X level [Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Hindi Grammar]|
Physical endurance test
Bihar Police Constable Physical Endurance Test will evaluate candidates based on how they perform in three Activities. This will determine their final selection for the exam.
Candidates are awarded marks based upon their exam results. Each sport receives a maximum 50-point score.
- Long Jump
- Shot put
Exam Pattern for Shot Put
|Gender||Total Weight required||Total Distance Covered||Total marks (25 Marks)|
|Male||16 pounds||16-17 ft.||09|
|more than 20 ft.||25|
|less than 16 ft.||not qualified|
|Female||No mention||10-11 ft.||09|
|more than 14 ft.||25|
|less than 10 ft.||Not qualified|
Exam Pattern for Long Jump
|Gender||Overall Distance||Total Distance||Total marks (25 Marks)|
|Male||4 ft.||4 to 4ft. 4 inches||13|
|4ft. 4 inches to 4ft. 8 inches||17|
|4ft. 8 inches to 5ft.||21|
|more than 5ft.||25|
|less than 4 ft.||not qualified|
|Female||No mention||3 to 3ft. 4 inches||13|
|3ft. 4 inches to 3ft. 8 inches||17|
|3ft. 8 inches to 4ft.||21|
|more than 4ft.||25|
|less than 3ft.||not qualified|
Exam Pattern for Running
|Gender||Distance Covered||Total Duration||Total marks (50 Marks)|
|Male Candidates||1 mile [1.6 km]||5 min||50|
|5min to 5min 20sec||40|
|5min 20sec to 5min 40sec||30|
|5min 40sec to 6min||20|
|more than 6 min||not qualified|
|Female Candidates||1 km||5 min||50|
|5min to 5min 20sec||40|
|5min 20sec to 5min 40sec||30|
|5min 40sec to 6min||20|
|more than 6 min||Not qualified|
Important Bihar Police Constable Books for Preparation
Essential Bihar Police Constable books highly suggested for specific parts that you must have on your table are:
|Parts||Bihar Police Constable Books|
|NCERT Textbooks for History, Geography, Economics & Political Science [Class IX-XII]; Lucent’s ‘General Knowledge 2021; General Knowledge 2021 by Arihant; Competition Success Review, PratiyogitaDarpan, Current Affairs Modules; Laxmikant’s Polity; ‘Indian Economy’ by Ramesh Singh; ‘Indian Economy’ by Datt and Sundaram;|
|Part 2||NCERT Mathematics textbooks Class IX & X; Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal; Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma;|
|Part 3||NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Biology [Class IX-X] Shankar IAS Academy’s ‘Environment’;|
|Part 4||NCERT Hindi Textbook [Class IX-X]; Samanya Hindi by Arihant; Lucent’s Samanya Hindi;|
Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 1
Given below are some of the most-favoured tips and tricks to cover the Bihar Police Constable Syllabus without difficulty.
- Part 1 of the exam is a comprehensive assessment of your grasp over general awareness, current issues and events and social sciences related topics. It also carries the highest weightage in terms of questions.
- For Current Affairs, prepare mind maps and try to connect current events as a chain with past happenings. To enhance memorisation skills, make use of flow diagrams and regularly test yourself through online quizzes, discussions forums, etc.
- Keep an eye over government reports and surveys like Indian Economic Survey, Budget etc. Watch RajyaSabha debates for a detailed understanding of knotty topics.
- Emphasize on topics related the Preamble, history, making and basic structure of the Constitution, Emergency Provisions, Role of Constituent Assembly, landmark amendments as well as recent developments, Federal Structure, Fundamental Rights and Duties and other similar topics.
Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 2
Part 2 is mathematics/data interpretation related portion. It consists of 25 questions.
- Topics in this section may include anything from Percentages, Averages, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Speed & Distance, Time& Work to Algebra, Number System, Series, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Graphs, etc. Practice from the trusted Bihar Police Constable books as mentioned in earlier paragraphs.
- While the topics are relatively common, the questions assess your hold over fundamental concepts and techniques. Thus, it is imperative to be thorough. Do not memorise formulae but work with its concept. Also, calculation tricks for square root, cube root, quadratic equations, number series, divisibility, etc. come in handy.
- Your score in this section is directly proportional to the number of hours you put in not only in solving questions but also in evaluating your performance over weeks. At the end of every week, measure your overall results, re-assess your strengths and weaknesses and design a revised plan of preparation.
Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 3
Part 3 is a combination of general science as well as environment-related topics.
- Common topics and concepts in Bihar Police Constable Syllabus for Part 3 that have regularly been tested include but are not limited to Matter, atomic structure, metals & non-metals, Compounds, salts, acids, bases, Force, motion, energy, Light, magnetism, Universe and much more.
- Apart from the above, the dynamic portion of the section includes major discoveries, technological developments in space and defence, scientific awards, new environment-related laws and changes etc.
- Keep attempting previous year’s questions papers for an idea of the type of questions generally asked, the level and spread of difficulty. Also, practise diverse questions.
Bihar Police Constable Preparation Tips: Part 4
Hindi Language proficiency is tested in this section through 20 questions.
- Reading Comprehension requires you to understand a few related questions based on your understanding of a passage. A passage consists of three major elements: its main idea or theme [the topic], the author/narrator’s argument or point of view along with counter-arguments and finally, the conclusion. All these elements are tightly connected and logically follow.
- You can either do ‘close reading’ of the passage first and then attempt the questions or vice versa. Practise both methods and pick the one that you are comfortable with. However, always do an initial scanning of the passage first, for a brief, general idea of what it’s talking about.
- You have 20 questions to attempt in 24 minutes. As the language section is known to take up time, practise to manage it efficiently. Stick to a strict time-based schedule and do not get glued to one question.
All the best.
Also Read: –
- Download UP Police Constable Exam Question Paper Held on 18 June 2018 (Shift 1 & 2)
- BPSSC Bihar Police SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
- UP Police SI (Daroga) Exam Pattern, Syllabus & Previous Year Questions Papers PDF
- Download 1000 General Knowledge in English Current Updates for Govt Exam Preparation PDF
- Download UP Police Constable Exam 2018 Answer Key PDF in Hindi
- HSSC Police Constable Previous Solved Papers PDF Download
- Download UP Police Constable Exam 25 & 26 October 2018 Question Paper with Answer Key PDF
- 100+ Haryana Police Constable Important GK In Hindi Questions & Answers PDF Download
- UP Police Constable Previous Year Solved Question Paper PDF Download in Hindi
- New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 In Hindi – नई शिक्षा नीति की पूरी जानकारी हिंदी में